Vision and Purpose
St. Mary's is a friendly, welcoming church on the north side of Windermere village. We welcome visitors to come along to any of our services and events; or to take the opportunity for quiet reflection.
A chapel was first on the site in 1848 and was steadily extended until finally St. Mary's was consecrated as a parish church in 1856. The architecture is Victorian in style using local stone and slate. Following a catastrophic fire in 1988 the church was restored with a lighter-wood contemporary-styled roof. In 2006 a major re-ordering of the interior created a good mix of traditional Victorian structure with modern, flexible amenities.
St. Mary's now provides facilities for a wide range of club & society meetings and community events.
We are here to help everyone
to know and grow in the love of God
through prayer, worship, teaching and service.
A thriving, growing Christian community.