The St. Mary's church family aim to be generous to the Windermere and surrounding communities with their time and talents, but also to give financially. There is a commitment to live within our means and to give at least 10% of our community fundraising to local, national and international charities and concerns - both Christian and non-Christian.
Some of the local, national and international organisations and projects we support are:
- Manna House - tackling homelessness in the South Lakes
- First Responders - local volunteers who can make the difference between life and death before the ambulance arrives
- Tools With A Mission - re-using tools to enable people to earn a living and support themselves
- Water Aid - providing safe domestic water in impoverished parts of the world
- The Children's Society - providing child protection
The St. Mary's church family is also committed to maintaining the heritage given to us in the form of the St. Mary's church building, as well as the building up of the church family through proclamation of the gospel, service and outreach to our community.
Please do consider donating to St. Mary's
The money will be used wisely and to the benefit of not only the church family but also the wider community. Members of the St. Mary's church family each year give generously themselves and the Applethwaite Centre itself was established to provide facilities for both the church and wider community, but also to raise funds where possible.
But we want to do more! Please do consider donating to the ongoing work of St. Mary's in Windermere. This can be a one-off or regular donation.